8 Ways To Start Believing The Right Things About Yourself. Become Happier & More Successful
How to Become Happier & More Successful
What You Believe About Yourself Determines Your Outcomes and Your Happiness… in Personal Relationships and Professionally
by Life Coach Darryl L. Mobley
One Thing To Stop or Start
I got a note from a friend this morning that asked me a question that led to today’s newsletter. Here goes.
Start Believing The Right Things About Yourself and you will become happier, more professionally successful, and you will commit far fewer self-inflicted wounds to yourself and to your key relationships.
If the results you are getting in one or more areas of your life are consistently not what you want, evaluate what you believe about yourself.
Here are 8 questions – that if answered honestly by you – will allow you to understand your outcomes. Make changes in your beliefs and live the right answers to these questions and you will more often create the outcomes you want and become happier.
- Do you 100% believe in yourself?
- Do you believe more in external forces or your internal force?
- Do you 100% believe that you have the ability to achieve your personal and professional goals?
- Do you believe that your goals have high value to you?
- Do you believe in chasing goals that impress others or chasing goals that impress you?
- Do you believe in “self-mastery” as a core approach to your life?
- Do you believe in “changing the [person] in the mirror” or that others must change first – – in order for you to be successful & happy?
- Do you believe in independent thinking or do you operate on the belief that your membership in a particular tribe precludes you from questioning the behavior or thinking that has been approved by that tribe?
Contact me if you want a sounding board to help you work through the questions, your answers, and your outcomes. What you Believe determines your dominant Thoughts which determine your Actions which determines whether you Win or Lose at the game of life.
Show me your actual outcomes – in your key relationship(s), in your professional life – and I know your beliefs.
Before Your Head Hits The Pillow Tonight
Decide – before your head hits the pillow tonight – on the one belief that you will change effective the moment you wake up tomorrow.
A Book I’m Reading
I am re-reading The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz. This book inspires me to think bigger about my life, my businesses, my family, my friends, my goals… You and I can do more, do better, do bigger, become happier… Give it a read and let me know your take.
A Quote I’m Embracing
I’m all-in on this quote, “It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!” by Emiliano Zapata, a leading figure in the Mexican Revolution. I think it’s important to remember this in the face of all the hysteria being thrown around now. Join me in this focus. Together, we win.
A Worldview I’m Challenging
I am challenging the notion in Martin Luther King’s, “I’ve Been to the Mountaintop” speech, that one day we will all get to the promised land. Why am I challenging this? Because my observation is that not everyone will do what is necessary to get to their promised land, to live their best life. Not everyone is willing to pay the entry fee that the promised land requires. Will you pay the fee? Live to your goals. Love to your dreams. Do the work.
Something to Sing
“Hi there! I’m on my way. I’m making it!” That starts today’s megahit and dance favorite song (“Big Time”) by Peter Gabriel. This motivating song gets in you with its sheer lyrical audacity. Example: “My heaven will be a big heaven. And I will walk through the front door!” (If you are one of those who hit my parties or ran with me back in the day, this song will be very familiar to you. Let’s keep it rolling.) Listen to the song and become happier! I’m always trying to program myself to be positive. How about you?
Freebie of the Week
Click HERE to get my very valuable, but totally free, special Report: “40 Things Your Kids Must Know Before They Leave Home.”
- Here’s What Great Marriages Have That Horrible Marriages Don’t
- How To Get Work-Life Balance in 14 Easy Steps.
- You Cannot Fail If You Do This.
- Why Every Father Should Write A Letter To His Daughters. Now!
- Ultimate Guide: 33 Tips For Getting Along With Your Adult Kids.
- 18 Things You Should Do NOW as the CoronaVirus Rages.
- 11 Ways Parents Can Survive Their Kid Going Off to College. The Power of a Dad’s Hug.
Got a question? Call Coach Mobley right now with your question at 1-833-902-6224. He just might answer. If not, leave me your question or request. Or send him your message by CLICKING HERE.
Want Coach Mobley to Speak at your Event? Click HERE.
Click HERE ONLY IF YOU REALLY WANT TO LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE! Only if you want to become happier!
Darryl L. Mobley