Are You About Happiness or Negativity?
Some are about happiness. Some are about negativity. You?
“Happiness or Negativity. You Choose.”
Live Your Best Life! Newsletter from Darryl L. Mobley, Life Coach
One Thing To Stop or Start
1. HAPPINESS is a choice. NEGATIVITY is also a choice. Which have you chosen?
2. Our choices – by repetition – become MENTAL HABITs that color & impact every single thing that we think and do, and our family relations & friendships.
3. When HAPPINESS is your MENTAL HABIT…
• You see more opportunities.
• You attract more positives.
• You are more likely to reach your goals.
• You have lower risk of heart disease.
• You’re more creative.
• You sleep more soundly.
• You have lower stress levels.
• You live longer.
• You are more resilient emotionally.
• Your immune system is stronger.
• You make better decisions in other areas of your life.
• Your key relationship is more likely to last a long time.
• You’re more productive.
• You tend to have more friends who are HAPPY.
4. When NEGATIVITY is your MENTAL HABIT…
• You create agitation where there should be none.
• You may suffer from hormone imbalance.
• You have to be encouraged to smile and be HAPPY.
• You’re more likely to suffer from hypertension, digestive disorders, infections, and cardiovascular disease.
• You age more quickly.
• You have heightened feelings of helplessness.
• You burn bridges with acquaintances and at work.
• You don’t make those who meet you better.
• You suffer from chronic stress.
• You mostly attract those who are also negative, troubled, gossipy, and unhelpful.
• Your brain is depleted of beneficial chemicals.
• You spend way too much time on life’s small issues – bad weather, bad traffic, minor disagreements with friends/family/co-workers…
• You may be emotionally unstable, moody…
• You ignore your blessings and miss out on positive opportunities and positive people that come your way.
5. Each of us is in a MENTAL prison of our own choice of HABITs.
Is your MENTAL prison one of HAPPINESS or one of NEGATIVITY?
MENTAL HABITs are the most difficult prisons from which to escape because we put ourselves inside and locked ourselves in.
6. The great news is that we each hold the key to getting out of MENTAL prisons of NEGATIVITY. (And, you do NOT want to leave the HAPPINESS prison because it’s actually more like a resort in Tahiti. If you’ve been to Tahiti…then you know what I’m talking about. 😉 )
7. Bottom line – choose wisely. HAPPINESS or NEGATIVITY.
So, you want to know what you can do to actually become HAPPIER? I will provide you the answer to how to become HAPPIER in a soon to be released episode of The Darryl Mobley Show: Your Life Coach On The Radio podcast.
Before Your Head Hits The Pillow Tonight
Jot down – before your head hits the pillow tonight – the things that you’ve been letting bother you that really don’t matter. Resolve that when you wake up, you’ll no longer let those thing affect you.
A Book I’m Reading
I am walking through a book given to me by – and about – a really nice and happy man that I met several years ago when I lived in California. (The book is titled, “Morrie Turner.”) That man – Morrie Turner – sort of took me under his wing and shared stories with me about his very full life. His pet saying was to “Keep the faith.” We grew so close that my young kids knew him as, “Uncle Morrie.” Morrie was a cartoonist and the creator of the cartoon strip Wee Pals, the first American syndicated cartoon strip with an integrated cast of characters. During World War II, Morrie served as a mechanic with the Tuskegee Airmen and his illustrations appeared in the newspaper, Stars and Stripes. Uncle Morrie was a good man. Get the book HERE or click on the cover at the right. Give it a read and let me know your take.
A Quote I’m Embracing
“We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.” Your decisions are who you are. Not your gender. Not your ethnicity. Not your country of origin. Not your height. Not what others think about you. What choices did you make today? What do those choices say about you? Join me in this focus. Together, we win.
A Worldview I’m Challenging
I challenge the fear-drenched thinking that I must submit to a “new normal.” Only slaves submit to the whims of some anointed others. You and me – men & women – we choose what we do! And we are not manipulated by the fear that others try to place on us. Right? Right? Live to your goals. Love to your dreams. Do the work.
Something to Sing
Well, well, well… If you’ve got that sunshine in your pocket and that good soul in your feet, you’ll understand why fan favorite Justin Timberlake’s “Can’t Stop The Feeling!” is the right song right now. Turn up your speakers and click the video below. It’s okay. You can dance. I won’t tell anyone.
• Don’t Let The Old Man (or Old Woman) Into Your Life!
• Are You Stuck? Want to Get Unstuck?
• Are Negative Words Destroying You, Your Relationships, Your Kids?
• Here’s What Great Marriages Have That Horrible Marriages Don’t
• How To Get Work-Life Balance in 14 Easy Steps.
• You Cannot Fail If You Do This.
• Why Every Father Should Write A Letter To His Daughters. Now!
• Ultimate Guide: 33 Tips For Getting Along With Your Adult Kids.
• 18 Things You Should Do NOW as the CoronaVirus Rages.
• 11 Ways Parents Can Survive Their Kid Going Off to College. The Power of a Dad’s Hug.
Want Coach Mobley to Speak at your Event? Click HERE.
Click HERE ONLY IF YOU REALLY WANT TO LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!
Got this Newsletter from a friend? Get your own free subscription by using the form HERE. Join nearly 1 million readers and get exclusive content, giveaways, and more so that you can Live Your Best Life!
Darryl L. Mobley