The Biggest Challenge You Will Ever Face
(to do the below before your head hits the pillow tonight)
Live Your Best Life! Newsletter by Darryl L. Mobley, Life Coach
Well, well, well… What a time we find ourselves in.
We are being challenged by this, that, and a third! All around us we see upheaval, conflicting stories, change, issues, bad actors, unrest, incompetence, social media as a “fact-free” zone, stress, confusion, people trying to make us mad, distractions, news outlets pursuing their strategy to make us react emotional so that we don’t think/act rationally, even a pandemic!
Some of us have even let these external things create rifts between us and loved ones/our best friends. (Hey! Even my trusty dog is giving me the side-eye because she’s overdue for her vaccinations 😉)
Anywho, you should not allow these external challenges to affect how you see, process, and win at life. You need to be calm in the eye of these external storms.
Question: How do you create the calm of happiness & success in the eye of these external challenges?
Answer: Create your own storm by Challenging Yourself.
Challenges YOU make to yourself are the Biggest Challenges You Will Ever Face.
When you Challenge Yourself, you block out all of the external nonsense. When you Challenge Yourself, you:
- accomplish more.
- attract better friends.
- are happier.
- are healthier.
- have better goals.
- generate more good luck.
- move closer to your major goals.
Here Are 15 Ways To Challenge Yourself and Block Out The External Nonsense
- Challenge yourself to get clear on your Purpose. For your life, for your key relationships, and for your family.
- Challenge yourself to draw up a list of who or what Brings Great Value into your Life. Put your time into those/things that bring you great value. Those who bring little to no value need to be let go like a hot potato.
- Challenge yourself to get clear on the Most Important things in your life. Give those most important things your time. Little else matters.
- Challenge yourself to Live the Reality that EVERYTHING you do Yields a Result. Every single thing you do matters to your happiness and success.
- Challenge yourself to Live with a Thirst for Adventure. Each new day is a gift and an adventure. Be an explorer.
- Challenge yourself to Know that NOTHING is made Better by Negativity. Nothing! Be positive. Positivity or Negativity. It’s your choice.
- Challenge yourself to Be a Thermostat and NOT a Thermometer. You decide how you act in, and re-act to, your environment. Don’t let others or your environment determine how you think, act, react, dream, love…
- Challenge yourself to Raise Your Standards Significantly so that you can Live Your Best Life. The higher your standards on yourself, the happier and better you will live.
- Challenge yourself to Understand that Where You Are Now and Where You Will Be are the Result of Your Thoughts, Actions, and Habits.
- Challenge yourself to Connect with others who Think the way you want to think, Act the way you want to act, and have Achieved what you want to achieve. Join with those who make you better.
- Challenge yourself to Avoid the Dreamstealers. Dreamstealers (people, thoughts, things, habits) are the sorry turkeys (who sap your energy and ambition) and the envious vultures (who tear you down to hold you back). You will never convince a Dreamstealer to support you, to not be negative, to work as hard as you will, to set high goals… You will die trying to change the Dreamstealer’s mind. They exist to block your attempts at positive moves and positive changes. Move on!
- Challenge yourself to Be Solution-Focused; Not Problem-Focused. Fix problems. Don’t befriend your problems.
- Challenge yourself to Set Goals for each key area of your life. Do this now. Write them down.
- Challenge yourself to know that…
“In life — you don’t get what’s fair,
you don’t get what’s good,
you don’t get what’s nice,
you don’t get what you deserve,
you don’t get what you wish for,
and you don’t get what you need.
In life — you get what you do. Period.”
~Darryl L. Mobley
- Challenge yourself to make the person in the mirror do the right things and you will win at the game of life. You should always surround yourself with accountability partners. That’s what winners do. But, always make sure that YOU are your best accountability buddy. Remember – we get into heaven on our own efforts. We do not get into heaven on the efforts of others. The message: Determine your goals. Develop a plan to reach your goals. Get to work doing your plan. No. Matter. What.
“The External Nonsense Will Drive You Crazy! Don’t Engage It. Don’t Let It Happen.”
Before Your Head Hits The Pillow Tonight
Jot down – before your head hits the pillow tonight – the Challenges you will make to yourself. Also, resolve to ignore the unhelpful challenges that are swirling around you.
A Book I’m Reading
I am re-reading The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. In fact, I am in the process of turning this classic into an audio book in which I am the narrator. More on that when it is published. Today, I am recording the chapter on Reason and Passion. I plan to donate every penny made by the sale of my take on this classic to worthy causes. Keep an eye out for my announcement with further details.
A Quote I’m Embracing
Seems apropos for what’s happening in the world right now. From The Prophet:
“Your reason and your passion are the rudder and the sails of your seafaring soul. If either your sails or your rudder be broken, you can but toss and drift, or else be held at a standstill in mid-seas. For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction.”
Join me in this focus. Together, we win.
A Worldview I’m Challenging
I challenge the notion that huge change is impossible. All we need to do to achieve huge change in society is for as many of us as possible to look at ourselves and to be the change we seek in others. Focus on you. Challenge yourself. Too many people are hypocrites who get pleasure from virtue-signaling. Live to your goals. Love to your dreams. Do the work.
Something to Sing
You can never go wrong if you’re singing along with Earth, Wind & Fire. Today’s song: In The Stone. You real EW&F fans will know the song. The instrumental intro is enough to get you rolling. Some lyrics…
“Deep inside your hearts for you to keep
Lies a spark of light that never sleeps
The greatest love you’ve ever known“
• Don’t Let The Old Man (or Old Woman) Into Your Life!
• Are You Stuck? Want to Get Unstuck?
• Are Negative Words Destroying You, Your Relationships, Your Kids?
• Here’s What Great Marriages Have That Horrible Marriages Don’t
• How To Get Work-Life Balance in 14 Easy Steps.
• You Cannot Fail If You Do This.
• Why Every Father Should Write A Letter To His Daughters. Now!
• Ultimate Guide: 33 Tips For Getting Along With Your Adult Kids.
• 18 Things You Should Do NOW as the CoronaVirus Rages.
• 11 Ways Parents Can Survive Their Kid Going Off to College. The Power of a Dad’s Hug.
Want Coach Mobley to Speak at your Event? Click HERE.
Click HERE ONLY IF YOU REALLY WANT TO LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!
Got this Newsletter from a friend? Get your own free subscription by using the form HERE. Join nearly 1 million readers and get exclusive content, giveaways, and more so that you can Live Your Best Life!
Darryl L. Mobley
2020 Mobley Unlimited. All Rights Reserved. CoachMobley.com