Coronavirus Safety Policy
BOOMZIP’s CORONAVIRUS SUPER SAFETY POLICY
In Home Coronavirus Safety Protocol and Expectations during BoomZip Service.
The health & safety of BoomZip’s clients and independent service providers has never been more important and we are taking prudent measures to ensure we are doing our part to eliminate the spread of the Coronavirus.
To help keep everyone healthy and safe we now require the following:
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE): Both clients and BoomZip’s professionals are required to wear protective face coverings during services. Clients must provide their own mask or face covering. BoomZip’s Pros will arrive with their own PPE, including a mask or face covering and multiple pairs of disposable gloves. BoomZip’s Pros will also arrive with their own disposable apron (when applicable for the service they are providing). If the client does not have a mask, we will ask them to cancel and reschedule their appointment.
- Additional Certification: BoomZip Cosmetologists / Hairstylists are now required to be certified in Barbicide and Barbicide COVID-19 protocols. This requirement provides confidence that BoomZip’s Cosmetologists / Hairstylists follow the latest standards of sanitation and disinfection, as well as other protective measures.
- Protocols for all BoomZip’s Pros (Cosmetologists/Hairstylists, Lash Pros, Makeup Artists, Estheticians, Locticians, Nail Pros, Barbers, Yoga teachers, and Fitness trainers) before, during, and after the appointment to help maximize a safe experience. Specifically:
Before the appointment:
- BoomZip’s Pros are not to shake hands or touch the client when initially greeting them.
- We ask that pros closely follow CDC guidelines for mask and glove use on their way to and from all appointments. This means even while wearing gloves, we expect BoomZip’s Pros to minimize touching handrails and door handles, and to not touch the face with unwashed hands or with gloves.
- Pros will arrive wearing a mask and gloves. We ask that pros remove their gloves and sanitize or wash their hands in your home before they begin setting up.
- Pros will collect and take their trash with them.
During the appointment:
- Clients should have a cleaned & disinfected designated area and/or a cleaned & disinfected towel laid out on which BoomZip’s Pros can place their kit.
- Pros will wear a mask and gloves during the service.
- All products and tools will be wiped down and sanitized on the spot before use on a client, using proper sanitation techniques.
After the appointment:
- Clients should immediately remove all linens and place them into a closed hamper or directly into the washing machine. BoomZip Pros should take their linens and place them into a closed container.
- Disinfect, disinfect, disinfect. Both clients and BoomZip Pros should disinfect all surfaces and tools and wash their hands once the service is completed.
Regarding Porous and non-porous supplies:
- BoomZip’s Pros are to discard porous items immediately after use in a closed trash container. For non-porous tools, place them immediately in a closed container labeled dirty.
Regarding Dispensing products:
- BoomZip’s Pros are to not dispense the product directly onto the client’s face from the container. Instead, place products into a small bowl before placing it on the cart.
- Wipe down product bottles/containers with a disinfectant wipe.
4. BoomZip’s Makeup Artists are to:
- Use a spatula to dispense color onto a pallet;
- Never use the back of their hand to mix color or test before applying; and
- Use disposable brushes whenever available.
5. BoomZip’s Ongoing Sanitation Protocol:
BoomZip’s beauty & wellness Pros are directed to follow the below sanitation procedures in every appointment:
• Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds upon immediate arrival. If soap and water are not readily available, all pros are encouraged to carry an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Cosmetologists, Barbers, Hairstylists:
• Carry Barbicide (or similar product) spray to disinfect tools after every appointment
• Clean brushes thoroughly after every appointment
Makeup, Esthetician, Lash Pros:
• Clean your brushes thoroughly after every appointment
• Do not use product directly on the client
• Do not double dip products (ie: mascara, lip gloss)
• Use disposable mascara wands and lip wands per application
• Wipe down tools and products with disinfectant thoroughly after every appointment
• Wear gloves
• Use one set of implements, towels, and file/buffer per client
• Make sure implements are properly sanitized and cleansed
6. BoomZip’s Pros and clients should wash their hands regularly, before and after going to the bathroom, before and after eating, and after coughing, sneezing or blowing their nose.
7. Cooperation and responsibility: We request that clients and BoomZip’s Pros take care of themselves and others. Monitor your health daily. Take your temperature. If you are ill or feeling any symptoms, please cancel your appointment.
8. About Masks: The goal of wearing masks is to protect the client and the BoomZip Pro from respiratory droplets. You may consider wearing a face shield if a mask is unavailable, but be sure to fully disinfect it after use.
New Clients Should Get their BoomZip App HERE
New or Established Clients: Please feel to reach out to us HERE if you have any other questions.