Ultimate Guide: 14 Amazing Things You Must Do To Get Work-Life Balance
“Work-Life Balance is heaven on earth.”
How To Get Work-Life Balance in 14 Easy Steps
Life Is Sweetest When Lived In Balance
14 Things You Absolutely Must Do To Get Work-Life Balance
Click HERE to get a free subscription to Coach Mobley’s “Live Your Best Life” Newsletter
Click the Video below to hear Coach Mobley’s Radio Show as he gives tips to his audience on ways you can get Work-Life Balance.
Take This Quick Work-Life Balance Quiz
1. Are you always tired? Even right after you wake up?
2. Do you tend to not look forward to going to work?
3. Do you sometimes not look forward to going home?
4. Are you short on patience with others?
5. Are your key personal relationships not what they should be? Is your marriage on shaky ground?
6. Do you not have a great personal relationship?
7. Does your attention drift when family members talk with you?
8. You are NOT the President of the United States, yet… Do you still check your email & social media before you get out of bed in the morning, as you’re going to bed at night, while you’re eating with your family or significant other… as if the fate of the world hangs on you knowing what’s going on everywhere, with everyone, all the time?
9. Do you suffer from FOMO? (Fear of Missing Out.)
10. Do you have a closer relationship with your social media “friends” than the people you see up close and personal every day?
11. Are you more likely to communicate via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn… than you are to speak voice-to-voice, directly call or email a friend?
12. Are you unclear on your life priorities?
13. Are you unclear on who you love?
14. Does your To-Do list include time allotted for both work and non-work activities?
15. Are you addicted to a thing, a behavior, and/or a thought process that takes time and focus away from the things in your life that should be most important?
Your answers may indicate a life that is out of balance.
“If Your Life Is Not In Balance, You’re Going Crazy”
For me, the term Work–Life Balance is used to describe the relationship that a properly focused and engaged person needs between the time, actions, and thinking they allocate for the key areas of their life.
Let’s Dive In.
Life is sweetest when lived in balance. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
For more than twenty years I have conducted research among both those who feel that their lives are balanced, and those who believe that their lives are way out of whack. I have seen that those in balance and those out of balance are not separated by education, upbringing, marital status, or even income.
What I’ve observed is that people often get so caught up in work that they forget to live a full life. That – to me – is unacceptable.
I promise you that when you uplevel your life with the 14 action-steps listed below, you will get the following benefits that flow from Work-Life Balance:
· You will attract more positive people and opportunities in your life
· You will become passionate about your family & key relationship, your friendships, your career, and YOU!
· You will become a master at Making Time Work for You so that you do more & better work in less time
Here Are The 5 Areas That You Need To Keep In-Balance
Self, Family, Friends, Fun, Work
So, the obvious question: What separates those who are masters at Work-Life Balance from those who live lives out-of-balance?
Here’s the short answer: The actions they take day in and day out.
What I share with you below are 14 of the actions taken by those who enjoy the benefits of Work-Life Balance.
How powerful are these actions? They are so proven that I recommend them to those I coach. And those I coach are not of a mind to take advice from me that does not work. These actions will work for you, if you work them.
You and I are together because you want to create and live a great life —- in all areas…personally and professionally.
I guarantee you that if you consistently apply these 14 actions, you will live a great life. It’s really that straightforward.
Why? Because Success Leaves Clues.
The principles, action steps, techniques and strategies I share with you will work for you just as they have worked for thousands of my other clients over the years. Just as they have worked for history’s greatest achievers.
The simple difference in a free society between those who live great lives and those who don’t is the application of specific knowledge. You and I will embrace the knowledge and YOU will apply it. And as you apply yourself, your level of success, happiness and fulfillment will rise… I guarantee it!
Here Are The 14 Amazing Things You Must Do To Get Work-Life Balance
1. Write down the 100 things you want to do, be, have or experience during your time on this earth.
Dream big. When you finish this list, you will be focused and more energized about each day of your life.
2. Develop your vision book.
A vision book is a special book that contains words, pictures/images, and other stuff that represents a visualization of the life you seek to live. Your brain will work 24/7 for you and attempt to achieve everything contained in your subconscious mind.
The key to leveraging your amazing brainpower is to keep vivid images of what you want your life to be constantly fresh in your “mind’s eye.”
Your vision book does this for you. I have developed a “My Vision Book™“ that – when you complete it – will balance your every day and keep you focused on the life you want to live. Get your dream on!
3. Decide who you love.
Carve out time each day to let that person – or those people – know how you feel about them.
4. Develop your 10 major Life Goals.
Keep the list with you always and refer to it frequently. You will find it easier to stay on track and be happy with the track that you’re on.
5. Limit your TV watching/Screen time.
TV viewing (and screen time in general) – with few exceptions – takes away your energy, your time, your initiative, and your engagement in real life. Surely you have more important things to do in your life than be a couch potato or a screen monkey?
6. Keep a Journal so that you document the people, places, things, goals, and activities that are important to you.
You should also keep a tally of the challenges you face, along with your successes, wins, losses, learnings, strategies and resources. This will become one of your most important assets.
7. Do something that you find “FUN!” at least once a week.
8. Carve out time – on at least 3 days a week – to exercise.
All you need is 30 minutes of activity to make a huge difference in your fitness, your health and your quality of life.
9. When facing competing demands, ask yourself: What’s the cost to me? Which one will move me closer to my life goals? Your answers will tell you which one to choose.
10. Let go of the Dream Stealers (people, things, habits, etc.) that are holding you back from achieving your goals.
You cannot soar with eagles if you hang with turkeys (who sap your motivation) or vultures (who diminish your belief in self).
11. Stop any activities you currently take part in that are non-priorities.
12. Focus on the Important Things In Your Life.
What things are you unwilling to die having left undone?
13. Call two friends every weekend.
You will stay connected and build the ties that last forever. These relationships are good for your heart – in more ways than one.
14. Join a Mastermind group or get a Life Coach who will encourage you in your quest for Work-Life Balance.
A top Life Coach or a group will keep you honest and hold you to a high standard.
You are the creator of your life’s journey… It’s true! And here’s my little secret….
Perhaps the best way to create your life’s journey — your best life — is to Visualize The Life You Want.
Your brain will work 24/7 for you. It will seek to achieve everything contained in your subconscious mind. The key to leveraging your amazing brain-power is to use visualization that is in line with what you want in your life. When your brain-power is aligned with internal visualization and affirmation of your goals, you are certain to take your life to your dreams!
Creating your My Vision Book can become your most valuable visualization tool!
My specially designed and trademarked My Vision Book™ is available ONLY at MyVisionBook.CoachMobley.com.
Go there and you can get My Vision Book that will be a powerful visualization tool that will capture your dreams, your goals, and your ideal best life.
BTW – Hit the following LINK if you are facing some interesting opportunities or thorny challenges.
Darryl L. Mobley
Learn more about Coach Mobley here.
Copyright Mobley Unlimited