Here’s What You Should Do as the CoronaVirus Rages
Do YOU Know What To Do During the Corona Virus Pandemic?
“What Should You Do?” as the CoronaVirus Rages
by Darryl L. Mobley, Life Coach
CLICK HERE to get the “Best Life Coach on the Planet!”
We are in a time of upheaval in every corner of the globe. Indeed, this may be the first time that I can say that each of the several hundred thousand listeners to my podcast and readers of my “Live Your Best Life” newsletter – all over the world, on six of the seven continents – are dealing with the same set of uncertainties. The CoronaVirus.
I have received essentially the same question (in many different languages) from my audience members in France, Canada, the UK, the Philippines, India, Japan, Australia, Nepal, Germany, China, Russia, Bangladesh, Argentina, South Korea, Algeria, Thailand, Nigeria, Sweden, the United Arab Emirates, Italy, Mexico, South Africa, Lebanon, Belgium, Turkey, Kenya, Iran, the Bahamas, Vietnam, Finland (where I was once ticketed for speeding, but have not returned for my court date – more on that story sometime later), the United States, and many, many more.
That question burning through my audience?
“What Should I/We Do” During This Incredibly Challenging Time?
Here’s my answer (plus a freebie bonus below):
This new (and temporary reality) is a challenging time for all of us. Knowing what to do during the Corona Virus is most important.
And the sad truth is that most will do nothing except wait until the challenge has passed. Most will be frozen by this situation. These people will lose at the game of life. Waiting is for non-winners.
But I know this – We are starting from a position of strength. Believe it! So…
Here’s what to do now…during this Corona Virus scare or any tough time
1. Get clear on your personal dreams and goals.
2. Get clear on your professional dreams and goals.
4. Develop your Relationship Agenda with your significant other. My 20+ years of experience working with couples has shown me that an agreed upon Relationship Agenda strengthens, fixes, or builds anew, long-lasting, positive relationships.
5. Communicate with, and more strongly connect with, your God.
6. Tell each of those you love that you love them, every single day.
7. Put together or finetune your master plan that leads to achievement of your major goals.
8. Get clear on who and what’s important to you.
9. Remember the importance of love and family.
10. Get a healthy amount of sleep. That said, don’t lollygag in bed. Get up and get after life.
11. Reach out to friends and reconnect.
12. Take time to think about how you can help your family, friends, and co-workers who might be feeling isolated. Check in with them regularly through phone, e-mail, text, other technologies, or even yelling across the back fence.
13. By the way – checking-in will be beneficial for you, if you’re feeling isolated. Connecting with humans is important for all of us, and we’ll all do better if we are there for one another. Together, we win. Alone, we lose.
14. Exercise each day.
15. Eat appropriately. In college, the “Freshman 15” refers to the unwanted weight gain among freshmen after their first college year of unsupervised eating. I say watch out for the “Corona 20.” (I’ve got a friend who revealed that he has already put on 7 pounds!)
16. Stay positive and productive.
17. Business owners – or those who’ve always-wanted-to-be business owners – NOW is the time to stretch your creativity and come up with enhanced or totally new ways to better serve your fellow man. Many of the now-biggest, most successful businesses were conceived during some of the most difficult times this planet has ever seen. Now is no different…if you’re focused enough, caring enough, and “want it” enough, you will change the world with your business idea once we come out of this challenging time. (I’m actually working on something new right now. I’ll tell you about it later.)
18. For all those who work… You must LEAD. Lead those who work with you, for you, and for whom you work… Lead them to focus, to believe, to create, to grow personally, to be positive, to move forward, to live fully… LEAD.
19. Double down on YOU! Believe even more in YOU. You have all that you need.
These are not the worst of times. These ARE the times. Or, as it says in the Book of Life:
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven…a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted…a time to break down, and a time to build up…a time to weep, and a time to laugh…a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together…a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing…a time to keep silence, and a time to speak…a time to love, and a time to hate…a time for war, and a time for peace.~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
This is your season. This is your time.
FREEBIE: If you’d like to chat with me about how-to do any of the items listed above, or you feel stuck in other ways, CLICK HERE and let me know. We will set up a time to talk by phone (or Skype if you’re located outside of the U.S.). Our talk will be free, but still incredibly valuable.
Darryl L. Mobley
What to Do During the Corona Virus Pandemic and During Any Tough Time