Blog for BoomZip.com
See Job Application Below
Write for BoomZip! BoomZip.com is looking for a clever, experienced writer to develop content for our blog that attracts our target audience, increases subscriptions to our free newsletter, and increases downloads of our App. You’ll be an interviewer, storyteller, and marketer with an almost-perfectionist attention to detail. You’ll have strong communication skills, and a dedication to infusing articles with a very relatable, creative, and human touch.
BoomZip.com provides beauty & wellness services to clients in their homes, in their offices, and at their weddings, on-demand and with just a tap of our app. BoomZip is dedicated to helping clients feel, look, and be their best. We love articles covering Arizona that highlight upcoming events, holidays, parties, shows, sporting activities, concerts, as well as “best of” lists of restaurants, theaters, bars, and entertainment. We also love well thought-out and irresistible “how-to” and “list” articles about hair care, skin care, nail care, makeup, nutrition, yoga, fitness, and life coaching.
Responsibilities: Write for BoomZip
1. Write medium length (700-1200 words) and longer-form (1201+ words) articles for the BoomZip.com blog that are optimized for search traffic. These articles are to:
a) cover (at least two weeks ahead of time) Arizona’s upcoming events, parties, shows, sporting activities, concerts;
b) cover (at least three weeks ahead of time) Arizona’s (and national) upcoming holidays;
c) showcase with “best of” lists of Arizona’s restaurants, theaters, bars, retail establishments, and entertainment.
d) present long-form “how-to” and “list” articles about hair care, skin care, nail care, makeup, nutrition, yoga, fitness, and life coaching. These articles should be evergreen.
2. Source story subjects and ideas. Pitch those ideas to BoomZip.com.
3. When it comes to pitching ideas, you have the ability to be both editorially ambitious and scrappily opportunistic. For example, even if a story would take the Wall Street Journal a month to do, you pitch it anyway — alongside another story. You could write both in three days.
4. Have a self-driven process for reporting and researching content and completing them in a timely manner.
5. Speaking of time, manage yours well. (Deadlines are your best friend.)
6. Learn, maintain, and develop the unique voice of BoomZip.com in collaboration with the Editorial team.
7. Participate in developing a distinct editorial identity for BoomZip.com. Write like you’re an insider and a friend.
8. Be a sharp copy editor for your own writing. We don’t do sloppy.
9. Produce a high volume of high-quality content. The more great content, the better! If it’s happening in Arizona (Scottsdale, Glendale, Surprise, Phoenix, Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe, Paradise Valley, Mesa, Peoria, Carefree, Rio Verde, North Phoenix area, Litchfield Park, Queen Creek, Cave Creek, Tucson, Tanque Verde, Sahuarita, Oro Valley, Caralina Foothills, Green Valley, Corona De Tucson, Marana, Saddlebrooke, Catalina, Casas Adobes, Oracle, Valencia West, Picture Rocks, Flowing Wells, Drexel Heights, South Tucson, and Tucson Estates) or Oregon (Portland, Eugene, Corvalis, Lake Oswego, Sherwood, Hillsboro, Happy Valley, Beaverton, Tualatin, Klamath Falls, Canby, Forest Grove, Wilsonville, La Grande, West Linn, Tigard, Medford, Gresham, Bend, Milwaukie, Ashland, Ontario, Salem, Roseburg, Seaside, Hood River, Brookings, Lincoln City, Talent, Newport, Florence, Monmouth, Grants Pass, Astoria, Tillamook, Newberg, Gladstone, Prineville, Damascus, Fairview, Central Point, Oregon City, Springfield, Sandy, Warrenton, West Haven-Sylvan, Raleigh Hills, Cedar Mill, West Slope, Oceanside, Rivergrove, Butteville, and Rockcreek), and it’s really interesting to our target audience, it’s probably perfect.
10. Deliver on story ideas suggested by BoomZip.com management.
Requirements: Write for BoomZip
1. 1+ years experience developing high-quality content in the form of website landing pages, bylined articles, social media writing, sales enablement materials, ebooks, case studies, and the like.
2. A portfolio of your work. We will send you an email to which you will send 3 examples of your work.
3. Experience writing content that is optimized (SEO) for maximum attractiveness.
4. Exceptional communication, prioritization, and time management skills.
5. Ability to work independently, communicating across multiple time zones.
6. Ability to stay aware of events, holidays, restaurants, happenings in Arizona and to write really attractive pieces about them at least 2-4 weeks ahead of time.
7. Work as much or as little as you wish, when you wish. Just deliver a high volume of superb, traffic attracting content that is consistent with BoomZip.com’s content strategy.